CPCCWHS1001 – Prepare to work Safely in the Construction Industry
The General Construction Induction card (also known as White Card) provides new and existing workers with the basic understanding and knowledge needed to start or continue work within the building and construction industry.
This card was formerly known as a blue card.
Part 6.5, Division 1, Section 317 of the Work Health and Safety Regulation 2011, states:
A person conducting a business or undertaking must not direct or allow a worker to carry out construction work unless:
- the worker has successfully completed general construction induction training
- if the worker completed the training more than 2 years previously—the worker has carried out construction work in the preceding 2 years.
The person conducting the business or undertaking must ensure that the worker
- holds a general construction induction training card
- if the worker has applied for but not yet been issued with a general construction induction training card, the worker holds a general construction induction training certification, issued within the preceding 60 days.
To hold a general construction induction card you must show knowledge of:
- occupational health and safety legislative requirements
- the basic principles of risk management and injury and illness prevention in the construction industry.
To obtain a general construction induction card (white card) you will need to undertake training with a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) that conducts the general construction induction training. (unit of competency – CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry).
Once you have successfully completed the training the RTO will issue evidence that you have completed the training and the white card. You should keep evidence of completion of training as it may be required to replace your card in the future.
From February 2019, training for the white card must be undertaken face to face in Queensland. An exemption applies allowing candidates who reside further than 100 kilometres away from the nearest RTO delivering face to face white card training to complete the white card training via online delivery.
Credit: Information by Worksafe QLD – https://www.worksafe.qld.gov.au/licensing-and-registrations/work-health-and-safety-licences/what-licence-do-i-need/general-construction-induction
Check the calendar for the current course schedule.